Terms & Conditions
All our prices advertised are subject to change at any time. Any previously advertised price either printed or found on the internet will cease to be valid. The price quoted at time of contact with us either by email, phone or personal visit is only available for a maximum of 7 days and must be in writing from ourselves.
Course Specific Terms & Conditions
All course bookings require a deposit to secure your place. Deposits are non-refundable.
Full payment for your course must be made no later than 14 days prior to the first day of your course. You run the risk of losing your place on the course and your deposit if this is not made.
Cancellations are subject to the following:
- If you need to cancel or postpone a course you must give us 4 weeks notice, under exceptional circumstances we may allow you to postpone your course with management discretion.
- Courses can only be cancelled or postponed once, after which deposits will need to be paid again to secure your place. No refunds will be given against cancelled or postponed courses.
- Cancellations Less than 4 Weeks prior to the start of the course result in full loss of the course cost unless there is exceptional circumstances and with management discretion. For your security we will not accept cancellations by phone, text or social media. If you wish to cancel or postpone a training course you must indicate in writing or via email. Cancellations will only be accepted during our opening hours and not at evenings, weekends or Holidays.
Your course can be moved once, so long as it is to an equivalent course subject and booked and taken within three months of the original course. However at the stage any outstanding monies must be paid. Further cancellation of the same course will result in losing all monies paid to date.
Signed Terms & conditions must be returned prior to receiving confirmation of your booking. You have 7 days from the date of your booking to return these forms, after which your place will be secured so long as all monies are paid on time. Your course confirmation letter and manuals or exams will be sent at this time if relevant to your course.
If you do not receive any expected emails, please contact us at your earliest convenience so that we can ensure all the correct details for you are on file, and try to resend anything you need with enough time prior to your course.
Please ensure we have the correct spelling of your name for your certificate.
Courses can be transferred into another person’s name for an administration charge of £50.
It is your responsibility to ensure you inform us of previous qualifications or your Lifetime Learner Number with VTCT.
Please ensure you have made your own checks with regard to your local bye-laws and insurance costs. Some insurers may require certain prerequisites prior to insuring your business.
You have unlimited support available post-training. Some courses need plenty of practice after your course to perfect and refine your skills. No refunds are available due to your inability to perform the treatment or change in your circumstances or the course not meeting your own personal expectations. Everyone has different learning abilities, it is up to you to inform your tutor at the time of any additional support you may need or of any changes you wish to see on the course to suit your expectations. We offer post-training support and advice as well as drop-in days for your convenience. If you feel you need extra support in your chosen subject. It is our best interest to work with you until you are happy with your new-found skills.
With VTCT or private courses, you have a maximum of 6 months post-training to complete all case studies, exams and assessments. Extra time can be arranged in certain circumstances and a meeting between the tutor and the student will be held to work out a suitable extension.
General Terms & Conditions
- Please advise the company of any Disabilities or Additional Learning Requirements you may have prior to your course. This is to allow us to assist you in your chosen subject.
- We reserve the right to cancel, re-schedule or vary any course or part of a course due to insufficient numbers, reasons beyond control or changes in regulations.
- Where Athena Beauty Academy Ltd cancels a training course we will not be held liable for transportation, accommodation, loss of earnings or any other associated costs.
- On occasion we may reduce course prices last minute to build up numbers instead of cancelling the course. On these occasions you will not be eligible for these special offer prices. Similarly if you have paid an early bird booking price, we would not charge you more if we sell the other places at full price. From time to time we run special promotional offers. These are only valid for customers at that time and are time and quantity limited and cannot be backdated.
- Whilst delegates are on the premises they are obliged to abide by all Health and Safety policies that are in place. Where a delegate is disruptive to other delegates, breaches health and safety guidelines or appears to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol or endangers themselves or others, we reserve the right to ask that candidate to leave the premises. Candidates that are asked to leave the course for the above reasons will not be entitled to a refund.
- Athena Beauty Academy Ltd does not accept responsibility or any liability for delegate’s belongings whilst they are on site. This includes personal equipment and vehicles which are brought onto the premises are left entirely at the owner’s risk.
- Tutors reserve the right to ask students to complete a written, oral exam and/or case studies. This is at their discretion and to keep standards high. If students would like refresher sessions or one to one additional training this will be charged at £50 per hour with a minimum of a two hour booking required.
- Certificates can be replaced. There is a fee of £25 per certificate to cover the cost of reprinting, postage and searching for the student database for information. Payment is made at the time of ordering your certificate. Certificates will say ‘Duplicate’ on them.
- As part our service to provide excellent customer service we operate an equal opportunities policy. Students will not experience discrimination on any counts. Athena Beauty Academy Ltd will not tolerate abuse Physical or verbal abuse to any trainer at any time. Nor will we tolerate any sexism, ageism or racism or any type of discrimination of any sorts. Bearing this in mind students need to be aware that both males and females book on these courses and we will pair you up accordingly to practice on. So you may be working on someone of the opposite sex. Deciding NOT to carry on with the day if you do not wish to work on any other student will result in your loss of fee.
- Athena Beauty Academy Ltd operates a non-smoking policy.
- Mobile phones must be switched off in the training rooms at all times.
- Children are not allowed at the training venues.
- We comply with the Data Protection Act 1998. Full information regarding how we use your data will be provided upon request.
- Complaints in the first instance should be made to the tutor, lecturer or person in charge. If you are unhappy with the outcome then it will be taken up as per the company complaints procedure for delegates, which is available upon request. Awarding bodies will not accept complaints directly unless you have followed this process.
- Attendance by a delegate onto a training course, even with a formal qualification certificate on completion, does not provide any guarantee of workmanship, performance, quality or status of the delegate during future endeavours.
- All intellectual property rights remain the property of Athena Beauty Academy Ltd and any copies made of course materials, booklets or training aids will be an infringement of copyright unless agreed in writing by Athena Beauty Academy Ltd.
- Delegates must not contact our Trainers or staff personally either by personal phones, home addresses, e-mails or social network sites. However our staff can be contacted via our business emails, or by calling 0121-769-0834.
- Post training support is available between Monday to Friday 10am to 5pm. There is limited support available over the weekends and evenings, however, we will try to assist where possible.
- Sales of Goods
- All orders of Machines and kits are deemed special order and are in relation to the agreed terms of business to business trading. The purchasing or ordering of any goods from Athena Beauty Academy Ltd Group you are automatically agreeing to the terms herein.
- All kits/machines will not be handed over or delivered until full payment has been received. Once payment has been received your kit/machine will be ordered. Please be advised that kits/machines may take up to four weeks to be delivered.
- Kits/Machine cancellations must be done in writing only to head office. Only by direct agreement with a managing director will your return be accepted for a credit note. Credit notes can be used against any other products or courses with Athena Beauty Academy Ltd. We have a no refund policy which is quoted at the time of purchase. Items returned must be unopened and still in its original packaging and unused. For health and safety reasons we are unable to accept the return of pigments or needles for exchange.
- Machines/Kits or other products sold by Athena Beauty Academy Ltd and sold on to trainers or other third parties must be sold at our recommended retail price. No items sold by Athena Beauty Academy Ltd must be sold on any sales sites, social media sites or third party websites which include but not exclusive to eBay, Facebook or Gumtree.
- Machines that are faulty are subject to our terms and conditions which allow us to repair or replace the machine within a reasonable time frame. Machines must be maintained as per instruction manuals. Non-manufacturer faults will not be covered by the warranty and additional charges may be applied direct from the manufacturer.
- We hold no responsibility for loss of business whatsoever due to delay in delivery of your machine/kit or when your machine is in for service or repair. We may where possible be able to offer you a loan machine.
- Loan machines must be maintained and kept in good condition during your possession. Damages to the loan machines may result in repair charges. It is important that machines are returned in the same condition to us and sent well packaged and sent by guaranteed delivery. You will be responsible for return costs. Loan machines must be surrendered upon request. We reserve the right to charge for any items not returned to us within the agreed time scale at £25 per item per day.
- Kit contents are subject to change without notice and contents may vary. You will however still receive items equivalent to the original price & Kit.
- Neither party shall be in default if by reason of any delay in the performance of or failure to perform any of its obligations hereunder if such delay or failure is caused solely by strikes acts of God or the public enemy riots incendiaries interference by civil or military authorities compliance with governmental laws rules and regulations delays in transit or delivery inability to secure necessary governmental priorities for materials or any fault beyond its control or without its fault or negligence. Should Force Majeure subsist for a period greater than 3 months either party shall have the right to terminate the Services
- This Agreement shall be governed and interpreted by the Laws of England regardless of the place of execution or the place of performance and the parties hereto submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
- The company hold no responsibility for misuse of equipment or products and cannot be held responsible for any claims personally brought against you. The Customer shall hereby indemnify the Company against any loss or damage claimed against the Company by any third party
- The Company shall not be liable for any consequential losses (which, for the avoidance of doubt, shall in this Agreement include loss of profits) howsoever caused.
- The Product and any components, spares, accessories or products supplied by the Company are warranted against defects in workmanship and materials for a period of 12 months from the date of dispatch by the Company. This shall be the only warranty given by the Company in respect of the Product and any components, spares or accessories. All other warranties and conditions implied by statute, common law or otherwise are hereby excluded to the extent that the law permits. For the avoidance of doubt the Company in particular gives no warranty that the Product conforms to any specification or is fit for any specific purpose.
- The Company shall at its option either replace, repair or issue a credit note to the Customer for any Product or components, spares or accessories found to be defective by reason of poor workmanship or faulty materials.
- The Company shall however be under no obligation to take any action unless:
- the Company has been notified of the defects in writing by the Customer within 7 days of the discovery of such defects and in any event not later than 12 months from the date of dispatch (as to both of which time shall be of the essence) and;
- the defective goods have been returned to the Company’s premises and;
- examination of the goods by the Company discloses to its satisfaction that such defects exist and have not been caused by mishandling, misuse, neglect, improper installation, improper repair, insufficient or inadequate or improper maintenance, or by alteration or accident (the Customer being liable to pay to the Company the cost, as certified by Company, of the examination of any goods in respect of which the Company does not accept liability under this paragraph). Using items not designed for the machines invalidates your warranty.
- Degradation of machines, handpieces or accessories from prolonged exposure to damp, heat or astringents shall not be considered a defect for the purposes of these terms and conditions.
- Servicing and cleaning of the handpiece, machine or accessories is not covered under the warranty and this service will be charged for whether during the warranty period or otherwise.
- The Company shall have no liability whatsoever to the Customer in relation to any defects in the Product, or in any components, spares or accessories, and in particular the Company will not be liable for the return of the Contract Price, for any costs incurred for the shipment of defective components or for any consequential losses (including loss of profit).
- Warranty repairs will be carried out at our premises or such other premises as shall be decided by the Company in its absolute discretion. No equipment should be returned to the Company without the prior written authorisation of the Company.
- Equipment repaired or replaced under this warranty is warranted only for the remaining unexpired portion of the original warranty period which was applicable to the repaired or replaced equipment.